Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Interview Spotlight : Model Beverly Tonna

This week we shine the spotlight on a local beauty, Maltese model Beverly Tonna (supernovamodel.com.mt) - I've worked on a number of shoots with Bev and she is one of the loveliest people I know, both inside and outside. She is an excellent model who really steps up to the plate at each and every shoot. She also has this uniquely, beautiful, somewhat vintage look that is captured so well on camera.

Ladies and Gents .. I present Bev...in her own words...

So, who is Beverly Tonna? Tell us something about yourself that you feel is unique to you.

Well, I'm a second year law student and take school very seriously, I have recently started an internship with a law firm but that’s the boring stuff I guess. I don’t eat meat because I simply adore animals. I enjoy socializing and meeting new people from different countries,  I feel it really enriches me as a person to have an insight about different cultures and ways people think.


When did your interest in modeling first begin? Were you scouted or did something happen?

It actually started as something my friends and I wanted to do for fun at the Shout Magazine competition when I was 13, but that didn't really work out for me. I was sure I would never model, but I came across Marisa Grima (founder of supernovamodel) one time, literally bumped into her, we spoke and set up a coffee date which led to a casting for a fashion show. I was 15 when I got chosen, and it all took off from there. 



What inspires you? Is there anyone or anything that you feel has influenced your modeling style? 
As per my mum’s advice, I prefer being myself at all times so I'm more inclined towards fun, quirky, natural shoots. Nonetheless, I do enjoy the occasional edgy look, it’s a challenge for me. Since I enjoy acting so much, I prefer commercials since it combines both modeling and acting. My mum always supported me, and since I started relatively young, she did influence my style, as you can still look good without showing too much. Additionally, Marisa always pushes for professional looking work, so she helped me learn to decipher a good modeling job from a bad one, despite whether or not the bad one seemed appealing.  

What has been your proudest career moment?
Modeling started off as a simple hobby, because due to my skin condition (Vitiligo) I always thought I couldn't get far. However, having modeling in shoots for magazines and partaking in a number of fashion shows really gave me a boost! My proudest moment was getting chosen for L’Oreal Business Forum fashion show, and being  selected as the “IT Girl”, which was really fun especially since I was given a complete makeover by world renowned hairdressers.


Describe your favourite photo/fashion show you have ever modeled for? Why is it your favourite?

This is one of my favourites, I really enjoyed this fashion show by LUKEAZZOPARDI because a lot of dedication and time was put into it and it was very well organized. I like this photo because it’s really unusual and it really captured a great moment.




Photographer : Charles Paul Azzopardi




Would you call yourself a fashionable girl in real life? How would you describe your style? What is the weirdest thing you have eve worn?

I like the vintage look, and mixing and matching different items of clothing. I’ve been called stylish before but I think I get it mainly from my sister who’s always urging me to put on some make up or do my hair, and my best friend Niky who manages to make everything and anything look gorgeous. Gaby Curmi, Alexia Micallef Gatt (who are supernova models too) and I are always 'whatsapping' photos of different styles or outfits we’re wearing, and since they're both into fashion I think it helped me “up my game” when it comes to dressing up and going out. I think the weirdest thing I've ever worn is this lime jacket I bought, which I insisted on trying to wear with everything, let’s just say I should have come to you for advice! 

  

Do you have a few images you can share with us?

Photographer : Steven Vella for Pink magazine


Photographer : Kurt Paris


Photographer : Steven Vella for Pink magazine





Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates