Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Photoshop and REALITY



Yesterday I asked a question on facebook - Bridal photos should not be edited because they are reflecting reality" - agree or disagree ? - the response was mixed, some people want the 'fantasy' to be perfect and look perfect..others want a higher dose of reality.

Truth is the biggest bridal alterations happen before the photo editing. I hate going to weddings and seeing a different-looking bride, there are some brides who request makeup such that they've never ever worn before and never will again. Some makeup artists are clever enough to succeed in giving these clients exactly what they want, which in the end is a face that isn't theirs. I don't blame the makeup artists, their job is to make the bride happy, however that may be, but I don't get why the bride wants to look like a different person.

As regards photo editing there's nothing wrong with editing the light or a pimple that's not a permanent mark on a face but when it comes to weight, shape or body proportions, I feel that it would be impossible to look at a photo of myself and be proud of something that's not me.

I echo this sentiment not just in relation to bridal photography but any shoot that's not a story but about someone 'real'.

Your Turn - Leave me a comment with your opinion :)

Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates