Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Monday 15 June 2015

Beauty : DEFINED BROWS



Some months ago, I mentioned having had my eyebrows done using a definition method. This meant is, as the name implies to provide much more definition than previously used techniques. I promised further explanation and as I always say - better late than never.

The idea of fully defined eyebrows was born from the idea of the proprietary system HD brows, this system was developed as a seven-step treatment involving threading, tweezing and colour-dyeing. I didn’t actually go for the official HD brows - I opted for a similar service offered by Luisa at Femme Beauty in Attard that’s really well priced at just 4 euros.


The steps in the process were the following

  1. CONSULTATION - Luisa examined the shape of my face and the natural shape of my eyebrows. In my case I have a bit of a hole at the top of one of them, she determined which shape would work best so as to minimise the appearance of this hole..
  2. TINTING - Dye was applied to my brows - the dye is important so as to draw more attention to the brows and get a more uniform colour across even the sparser hairs.
  3. WAXING - The third step was the use of high precision wax to remove unwanted hair, both from below and above the brow, this last bit is really important to achieve that fully defined look.
  4. TWEEZING - Tweezing was then also used to remove those odd, stray hairs that didn’t get picked up by the wax.
  5. SOOTHING - After waxing any hair off, it’s always really important to have a good soothing cream applied and it feels really good too.
  6. FINISHING OFF - This is when I got to look in the mirror, ask questions and ask about how to use an eyebrow pencil to fill in any gaps there might be. In my case, the hole was so much less visible I’m actually opting not to use the eyebrow pencil unless it;s really a special occassion.
Remember that defined does not mean sparse or over-plucked, you can choose to have them thick but still defined.


Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates