Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Monday 1 June 2015

Beauty : Olay Total Effects Day Moisturiser



Today's review is  about the Olay Total Effects Day Moisturiser product. It's been a while since I posted beauty reviews but I'm going to try and make it a blog rule that every Monday, come rain or shine, there'll be a new beauty review up on the blog.

Olay is one of those product lines that has always intrigued me. I admit, I'm mainly a bit of a product snob when it comes to skincare, I generally use products that are a bit on the pricey side like Clinique, Decleor, Estee Lauder. However, Olay gets really rave reviews, both from friends and blogs and magazines. When they approached me and asked me if I'd like to try out some of their products, I immediately said yes, I figured at the very least I'd get to satisfy my lingering curiosity.

The first thing I noticed when looking at the packaging is that the moisturiser has an SPF of 15 which was enough protection for May but would need sunblock to be worn over for the hotter months. The second thing I noticed is that the moisturiser has a pump-like application. I absolutely rave about pump applicators. I hate pot-style dispensers - I always feel worried about what germs I could possibly be inserting into the pot when extracting the cream, I always take too much and it always gets stuck underneath my nails. So points in favour for the pump.


For this product, these are the 7 official claims:


1. Visibly smoothes fine lines and wrinkles

2. Evens skin tone appearance

3. Enhances brightness

4. Minimizes the look of pores

5. Visibly reduces age spots

6. Restores firmness

7. Replenishes moisture


I used this product every morning for two weeks. There's nothing remarkable about my morning beauty routine. I generally like to start by cleaning my face, toning it, applying eye cream and applying moisturiser. 

Review Points

Line minimization - I get fine lines due to dryness or dehydration but am not yet suffering from age lines or wrinkles so couldn't really test this one

Tone & Brightness enhancement - I didn't really see any difference to my overall skin tone colour but my complexion did look nice and well rested somehow, as though it was really happy.

Pore refinement - I have some open pores, so had this feature worked, I'd have been a happy bunny, sadly I saw no difference.

Age spots - I don't have any age spots but I do have a couple of sun spots and those are still there.

Mositurising & Hydrating Effect - Pretty good, from the first day, by the evening, I had no dry patches anywhere - something which I have previously experienced with other products. Also, foundation stayed put on top of it and didn't cake or melt off.

Others :

Dries quickly - I refuse to wait a length of time between applying moisturiser and applying makup so a fast drying time is essential to me. This faired well.

Overall Review

I liked this moisturiser, comparing it to other much pricier ones I've used, I did not feel that this product did the job any worse than they did. In fact, I've continued to use it in the mornings - it's taken up a place of residence in my gym bag since I start most days with a gym session.

I did not feel that it meets all of the claims it makes, or at least in my case it didn't but in my experience that's generally true of most beauty products.



Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates