Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Thursday 15 May 2014

Shopping Post : Comfortable Shoes - Yes they EXIST


Along with what shall I wear to this wedding I have, one of the questions I get asked most frequently is ...Who sells comfortable shoes? My first instinct is to frown, followed by a laugh - I'm not one to put comfort before fashion and as such own a variety of uncomfortable shoes that pinch/hurt/are-way-too-high/aren't-even-the-right-size. Yes that last part is true, I have been known to buy shoes that are three sizes too big for me simply because it was the last size left and in case you were wondering, yea I've done this with expensive shoes too. It might actually be the case that I might own as many wrong-sized shoes as right-sized ones..must check one time.

However, nonetheless, I appreciate that not everyone is abnormal and some people enjoy being able to walk properly on their shoes, after all, I think shoes were originally designed for walking ..right? With this in mind I've decided to put forward another shopping post this week (aren't you guys lucky - you got TWO) dedicated to a store that has been putting comfortable feet first for many many years. 

My older readers might be more familiar with Anastasi Shoe Store in Valletta, round the corner from, but not affiliated with the ultra famous panini sticker store. This store is one of the Valletta originals and has always had a reputation for comfort and quality, and therefore for this shopping post, I decided to collaborate with this store.

Now let me be honest, the main reason I decided on this post,  is to see whether there were any comfortable shoes that were fashionable and trendy looking. See there was me thinking that whilst working backstage at the million and one fashion shows this month and malta fashion week, it might be a good idea to be wearing shoes that don't hurt. I was also told by a little birdie in the sky that they stock a trendy brand called Piccadilly, that is renowned internationally for comfort, I was still sceptical but I decided to keep an open mind.


My scepticism was rebuffed, there's actually a lovely choice, from the right on trend high heeled mules (photo above), to gorgeous beaded flats (photo below) and baby pink Birkenstock-style shoes...and whilst of course, I'm not about to hang up my 8-inch stilettos to dry, even I must accept that there are days when practicality comes first and a 4-inch chunky heel or a pair of flats should be worn.




The shop is small and they stock A LOT of shoes, so upon entering, you might be initially a bit overwhelmed, and not see anything you like, to be honest that's what happened to me initially, but give yourself five minutes to have a good look around and the different styles will start to stick out.


There's shoes for men too but they're less important...they're always comfortable....


SELFIE TIME!!  OUTFIT DETAILS : COCCINELLE CHUNKY BRACELET / ALDO AIDS BRACELET / COCCINELLE LEATHER BRACELET/ TOY WATCH / JANE NORMAN JACKET /ASOS SHIRT /JENNYFER JEANS















I did walk away with a pair of shoes, but as usual I don't like to divulge and you must await an outfit post to show off my new acquisitions but this time you aren't going to wait long - they are going to see me through malta fashion week backstage - watch this space for outfit post inclusions :D

Ah and before I forget, the shop owner; a lovely gentleman obsessed with making sure shoes fit and feel rightwhile I was taking photos, informed me that they've coincidentally recently set up a facebook page and they're offering anyone who likes their page 10% off (you receive a voucher).....so long folks.......Happy Shopping :)



caroline paris
Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates