Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Thursday 20 March 2014

Events Post : On Malta Lejla - Let's Talk About Street Style

Last Friday, I was invited onto the Malta LLejla Program to Talk about Street Style Fashion. The Monday-To Friday daily program is aired on NET TV and hosted by the beautiful Steph. The Friday edition features a fashion slot co-hosted by stylist Marisa Grima and Noelene Miggiani.

The other invitees for this edition were: 
Christian Pisani (an extremely talented hairdresser who works at Toni&Guy and has a unique wonderful, eclectic style, which is a mixture of rock punk and edgy)
Carlton Agius (works as a PA for local designers Charles&Ron, his style varies between high end designer and laid back casual with a mix of funkiness)
Tamara Webb (fashion photographer who is simply superb at mixing different vintage and modern pieces for a style that is all her own)


Street style is as the name implies, the style worn on the street, styles that are unique to the individuals wearing them..rather than exact copies of trends fed to us by designers/magazines/fashion shows..street style is all about interpreting these trends and coming up with something that suits your own body and personality and maybe makes you stand out:)



As you can see we had tons of fun on the program, we all already knew each other so we had fun posing together for different selfies and playing the fool.

Outfit Details:

Choosing my outfit involved some deliberation..I really wanted to showcase my personality and what I enjoy wearing so I chose something that incorporated all the different elements that I feel are me: fun and girly (polka dot pinafore), slightly unusual (hunter boots w fur socks & purple denim shirt), vintage (my bag and let's face it me without a bag would be strange wouldn't it ?) and something a bit more special ( a missoni scarf). I also stuck to the colour purple because as you have probably realised - purple and pink are my fave colours...

Scarf : Missoni
Bag : Vintage
Pinafore dress : 
Boots and socks : Hunter
Denim Shirt : Gap
Leggings : Proskins Slim*

I'm actually wearing the Proskins Slim leggings I told you about here, lots of people have been asking me as to how they can incorporate them in their different daily outfits (so as to  complete the 28-day challenge) and under skirts/ dresses is an excellent way to wear them, they're made of lovely high quality fabric and have a lovely sheen to them so they look really good..I've also even worn them under jeans:)

Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates