Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Interview Spotlight : Singer Maxine Pace

Today I shine the spotlight on my youngest interviewee ever - local Maltese singer Maxine Pace. I first met Maxine last September when I was brought on board by Adrian Mizzi to style her first shoot that would be used to promote her single "Fed Up". The recently launched single had enjoyed a leap of success on local radios earning her a reputation as one of Malta's hottest young talents. 

I was impressed at what a sweet, well grounded, well adjusted girl she was and still is. Earning such a degree of fame and success at such a young age could have easily affected her character in a negative way but she has taken it all in her stride and even got nominated for this years MMAs.

Meet Maxine ...in her own words..

Photo by Kurt Paris, Directed by Adrian Mizzi, Make up by Elaine Galea, Styling by Caroline Paris






So, who is Maxine Pace?
Maxine is a 14 year old Maltese singer who is currently in the process of building her career.
I am obviously still a student and I'm planning on becoming a lawyer. I also receive vocal lessons at La Voix Academy with Gillian Attard and Joshua Alamu. I'm currently studying for the Grade 7 Rockschool Vocal Exam. Last summer I launched my first single called ''Fed Up'' which I wrote myself with the help of the English producer Ramzi at RDS Studios. A few months ago I was nominated for an MMA and in a few weeks time I'll be launching my second song :)

When did your interest in singing first begin? Were you ’discovered’ or did something specific happen?
I've always loved singing and at the age of 3 I started singing lessons. When I turned 6 I took part in this summer course called “Starter Pack'' and from then on I started writing a couple of songs and building up my confidence on stage and in front of people. After that I continued taking singing lessons and my career has been building slowly slowly.
There’s been a lot of buzz and interest in you over the last year and your career really took off, do you feel this had changed you in any way?
Yes, since launching ''Fed Up'' I've been quite busy with stuff, interviews, shows and so it’s been a very busy year but it didn't really change me.. as in, I'm still finding time for everything - singing, studying, family, friends and even some quality time for myself :)
Has your success affected any of your relationships with friends and family?
It didn’t really affect any of my relationships with my family cause I always left time for family and actually I'm spending more time with my parents and sister as they're always there to support me, everywhere I go and whatever I do. There were a few friends that didn't support me but the majority really did show me support and were there to watch me in shows and stuff.
What inspires you? Is there anyone or anything that you feel has influenced your style?
Well, I have a lot of inspirations, like Jessie J, Beyonce and Christina Aguilera.. mostly their style of music and in my opinion their voice is just.. wow. But I try to keep my own style and I wouldn't like to copy anyone else.
What would you say has been your proudest career moment?
I think my proudest career moment was when I went to London to write and produce and record my own original song and also when the fact that it was successful on local radios.
Would you call yourself a fashionable girl in real life? How would you describe your style? You’re still very young, do you feel as though your style is still developing or have you found your ‘look’?
In real life, yes I'm quite fashionable.. I love shopping and I love clothes and bags .. I find shopping really relaxing. I think I'm still developing my style but usually I go for dresses or skater skirt styles and really girly stuff but I haven't really found my look yet, it’s always changing
Plans for 2014?
The lyric video of my new song is soon ready and I'll soon be launching it! Can't wait! This year, in the coming weeks, I'll also be taking part in a singing competition in Sicily. I'm also going to be working harder on my vocal technique and in summer I'll be going to London for about a week for a singing workshop.


Photo by Kurt Paris, Directed by Adrian Mizzi, Make up by Elaine Galea, Styling by Caroline Paris


You can watch her single here:




Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates