Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Shopping, Outfit & Events Post : Shopping for a CAR - the new MINI COOPER launch party


So the news of the month is that I have decided that my car, a red Toyota Aygo has simply gown old and needs replacing which means....NEW CAR SHOPPING...the last time I did this was 9 years ago and I had forgotten how much fun it is. At the moment, what I'm doing is compiling a list of my favourites, getting prices and visiting showrooms....eventually I'll progress to test drives.

What do I Want vs What do I Need ?
My job as a fashion stylist often means I need to carry lots of stuff around to shoot with, which means a nice comfortable boot is somewhat handy, then again, my job as a stylist means I need to run around from place to place so a small car that fits in parking places easily and darts around our little roads and corners is also really handy. What all this means that
 I'm the crazy girl walking into showrooms asking for quotes for SUVs and superminis. 
The other factor is well the shape...as you might imagine the car's aesthetics are of slight importance to me, I like quirky cars ..as is the colour ...preferably two colours or even three (much to the hubby's dismay)...so whilst he's asking about engine specs ..I'm asking about colour and personalisation options.

So anywayyyyyy the point of all this is that I've decided to chronicle this shopping journey...lets call it ...finding the right car for a fashion stylist.

The first car I'm going to talk about is the new MINI COOPER - coincidentally it was launched last Saturday evening with an awesome launch party at Muscat Motors to celebrate the occasion. - beer bar, wine bar, vodka bar(Chase), fish and chips, MINIs to examine (both new and vintage ones) ...lots and lots of fun!!

Gianni is the brand ambassador and has been given his very own 'KISS' mini countryman to drive :)

Time to actually talk about the new MINI ...in a word WOW...I've always loved the mini and whilst the difference between this version and the previous is not huge...there are little touches that make it even nicer, a re-designed front that is a bit larger and sleeker, more chrome touches, a more techy interior, slightly larger boot (hurray!), greener engine, extremely comfy seats and above all it is still a MINI - LOVE THIS CAR...cons : whilst the boot has grown, it is still nothing you'd consider large & like always, this car doesn't come cheap...


My Outfit 
This was actually my outfit for the entire day not just night - since that day went as follows - Simshar crew screening, Coccinelle magic keys event, Faith shoes launch at Debenhams....Mini party..


I got to take two things on their first outing - a darling pink, plaid skirt from New Look that I bought a few weeks ago at a press event & my new pink Coccinelle satchel.....I think this bag might have made it to the top of my list as far as my favourite bags go...it is extremely practical, comfortable (I spent a day wearing it) and it's pink with touches of gold.. I mean ..what more could I possibly want...


Bag : Coccinelle (SS14) / Skirt : New Look (SS14) / Top : Promod (old) / Jacket : Moda International / Shoes : Dr Martens / Necklace : Gift from Madrid / Leggings : Proskins Slim


This bag is beyond gorgeous...am so over the moon with it :)


So let me know what you think...what vote do you give the new MINI?

caroline paris
Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates