Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Outfit Post : Welcoming the UGLY SHOE Trend


First off, apologies because this post should have been published a few weeks ago but as you may have noticed, I'm on a bit of a downtime at the moment - trying to take some more time off and enjoy life's little luxuries like football, a good book and sun and well of course a spot of shopping here and there. Relaxing time notwithstanding though, I decided it's time to publish this post before it expires - so here goes.

You maybe have noticed that there are a lot of 'ugly shoes' floating around this summer...well not really ugly imo but that's how the trend that encompasses Teva, Birkenstocks and Prada sporty-type sandals has been nicknamed. 

I've actually always had a soft spot for this style of shoe and I think it works wonderfully with certain outfits, infact I bought my first pair of Birkenstocks back in 2008 when celebrities had made them a bit popular (nothing like this season's popularity though). 

Jogging your memory to a post I wrote a month of so ago, when I featured a shoe shop that sells comfortable shoes (Anastasi in Valletta), I did mention that I went home with something to wear backstage at Malta Fashion Week and wear them I did...these photos were all taken backstage during one of the events I worked in. 

I'm also wearing a striped top under a denim dress which I think is actually quite cool ..what do you think ?





Dress : Vintage
Scarf : Jennyfer
Shoes : Picadilly (Anastasi Shoe Store in Malta)
Bag : Florence Artisan
Top : Asos

Get The Style



Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates