Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Tuesday 3 June 2014

OUTFIT POST : MALTA FASHION AWARDS - A DRESS & THE PIECE-OF-ART SHOES


Last Saturday the Malta Fashion Awards happened and of course in terms of getting dressed up and our wardrobes, for a lot of us, the day marks one of the biggest nights of the year. In my case, the night was very complicated - I was working backstage (the sufferance of a fashion stylist) and for such a big and long event that means coordinating what was going on and making sure the models get ready etc which ultimately means waaaay too much running and walking around. I was also nominated for two awards which meant I needed to walk the red carpet at the start of the show and also be on standby when the winners of those categories were announced. It honestly felt like I needed to be in two places, in different clothes at the same time. 

On my last trip to the UK I had encountered a British design house JOLABY and bought a beautiful dress from them. I also recently bought a really interesting pair of shoes (you may recall a facebook status about them and them being called a piece-of-art) and the two came together for the night along with a pair of vintage earrings.

I must admit - the shoes came off my feet to be replaced by trusty Birkenstocks, at some points throughout the evening but the dress was super comfortable. My hair and makeup was done on site by the awards team - hair by Mario Muscat, make up by Terry under Elaine Galea's supervision.



check out my awesome strawberry nails and neon toe nails by Femme Beauty (Gellish)




Outfit Details
Dress : Jolaby
Shoes : Irregular Choice
Earrings : Vintage
Bracelet : Handmade
Rings : H&M

I didn't get to see much of the show but it felt like we pulled off an amazing night and everyone seemed impressed - a note of celebration is that the hubby, Kurt Paris, the one who takes 3/4 of the photos on this blog took home Best Fashion Photographer of the year...wohoooooo.
Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates