Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Friday 13 June 2014

Interview Spotlight - Emma Camilleri - A Girl with a Fashion Dream




Today we shine the spotlight on Emma Camilleri, a young girl with a lot of energy and a lot of passion and love for fashion - on the 7th July she begins her second internship at Temperly London and she's also recently started her own fashion blog - read on to find out what it's like to intern at a large fashion house and what makes Emma tick.

So, who is Emma?
This is a tough question! Emma is a 22 year old design student, very family oriented- they’re the best! I love animals, I'm a very athletic person I love training it’s a great stress reliever, I'm passionate about travelling and learning new things, very organized, I love all things white, and all things French! I think I was born in the wrong era, I love old movies, vintage clothing, French jazz like Edith Piaf, I’m an old soul haha! I think I'm creative and I love thinking abstractly, quite a perfectionist, quite driven and focused, especially when its something I'm passionate about I give it my all.

"I've always been interested in fashion, for as long as I remember"

When did your interest in fashion first begin?
I've always been interested in fashion, for as long as I remember, as cliché as it sounds I remember going through my mums wardrobe and mixing and matching outfits, or at my Grandmother’s house making dresses out of her silk scarves. I remember designing outfits for my barbies, so I guess the answer is always.

You interned at Temperly..and you're interning again there this summer...how did that happen and what will your role be this summer?
I had been looking for an opportunity to get involved in the fashion world, and after I had to turn down studying at Polimoda, Uni of Westminster and University of the Arts London, due to finances, I was more determined than ever to do it on my own, so I sent out hundreds of cvs and letters of applications hoping someone would answer, and Temperley was the only one that did!


My role will entail assisting with the organization of samples, swatch cards or other sales tools in the showroom prior to market season as well as recording all incoming sample invoices for accounting. Further, I will also prepare reports for the merchandising team as well as seasonal trend reports. There will also be miscellaneous projects such as creating best selling style sheets by model and fabrication for each brand.


What was your most memorable experience throughout the internship?
Every single day was an amazing experience, I’m so grateful for all of it, I always had different tasks so no day was the same - whether I’d be making distribution lists, packing for Milan or new york, steaming dresses, setting up the showroom, sitting in on buying meetings, attending the Temperley show, it was all memorable.

Is fashion your full-time job? What is your main bread-and-butter?
Since I’m still a fill time student (BA (hons) 3D design at MCAST), no, but that’s my goal, once I graduate hopefully I’ll move abroad and pursue it.

"my blog should represent me, should not try to imitate others"

You've recently started a blog too…what inspires you as a fashion blogger? Is there anyone or anything that you feel has influenced your blogging style?
It’s all quite new to me, having only started it in October. Its something I've been wanting to do for a while, and it all started with constant support from my friends and family, they really pushed me into doing it. Everything inspires me, from travelling, to films, to just walking around, to art, I think you can find inspiration in anything. I try not to get influenced by other bloggers as I feel like my blog should represent me, should not try to imitate others.

Which fashion designer inspires you most?
This is a tough question, as each season I have different favourites but when I seek inspiration I always go back to Chanel and Dior’s early years, the height of couture, Yves Saint Laurent, Balmain, Lanvin, Givenchy. I’m obsessed with the 1920’s up to the 60s, such glamour and style!

"Everything inspires me, from travelling, to films, to just walking around, to art, I think you can find inspiration in anything"

How would you describe your own personal style? Do you feel as though your style is still developing or have you found your ‘look’?
One of my biggest fashion icons is Audrey Hepburn, she emanates style and poise, she wasn’t interested in looking sexy, she was classy and elegant and those are things which I admire a lot. My grandmother was also an inspiration, looking through old photos of her she was always so beautifully dressed and very refined and graceful, it left a huge impact on me. When I put together an outfit I always try to express my mood, sometimes I want to look chic and classical, other times trendy and hip, but I think I have found “my look” - a lot of people describe it as Parisian, which I find to be a huge compliment as I love Parisian style, minimal and timeless.

Follow Emma on Style Stalker and here's wishing her lots of luck and best wishes for her internship.

What do you think ? Any words of encouragement for Emma ?

Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates