Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Shopping Post : Leaving comfort zones and Revisiting an Oldie - FOSSIL



It would probably be a fair assumption to make, that most Maltese people my age (I'm 30 folks) have owned a Fossil watch at some point in their lives. Fossil was one of the first designer jewellery brands in Malta and some 10/12 odd years ago, we all fell head over heels in love with their watches. For some strange reason or other, I realised last week that I hadn't spent some quality time with the Fossil brand in a few years now and this got me thinking...

I'm generally an analytical person..blame it on my scientific background, I do love to analyse people and their thoughts, even random passers by, but my all-time favourite subject has to be myself, which means that analysing myself is something I tend to do on a regular basis. Funnily enough, this has gradually brought me to the realisation that I'm actually a rather strange, contradictory person.

A good example is that I love switching about my daily routine and I always crave variety in my life but at the same time I find it really hard to leave my comfort zone with certain little things like my daily desk. I also came to realise that although when I'm travelling I hunt down all the artisan markets and look for all the local shops, when it comes to shopping in Malta, I've somewhat been creating comfort zones as to where I shop from. I've also been putting shops into categories and leaving them there and this is BAD v BAD. 

This realisation hit me a while ago and was one of the reasons as to why I started the series of Caroline hits a shop per week (or more) and shows you what's in stock...the idea was to introduce or re-introduce myself and you to shops I might not have visited in a while or possibly never (although this might be a bit unlikely unless the shop has just opened). 

So as mentioned in the opening line, for this week's edition, I've left my 'usual' zone and re-visited a brand that I started loving  back when I was 18 and maybe actually that's why I had bypassed it of late.....I had simply given it too much love in my life already :) Now, time to stop rambling and talk about the shop and ladies and gents (yes we've paid attention to the men too this week) - I present to you FOSSIL at Sunlab (The Point).

After examining the new collection of Fossil products, I feel that the brand has retained the quality it was always renowned for but I also feel that it has grown up a bit, the majority of the styles feel a bit more refined, a bit more chic & stylish and possibly a little sleeker.

Check out these pics and see if you agree - oh and this week's edition is special - I made the hubby (Kurt Paris) come to Sunlab and take the photos and we incorporated selfie-style pics into the equation..truth be told I was hoping he would also buy me those earrings in the third pic..but no such luck..*sigh* ...maybe he reads this ....

Not actually sure which of these I like most
please ?
A gorgeous bracelet to wear to a wedding /formal do


LOVE the cute charms

Kurt posed as well !!! :D for meeee...ay this is the best photo ?








He also snapped some merchandise pics in the Sunlab store too and these are on my facebook page right here.

caroline paris
Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates