Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Beauty Post : KIKO Blue Mascara & PUPA Navy Chic Palette


In a previous post I mentioned how blue make up has taken over this summer - I know a lot of you have horrible images of that powder blue eye-shadow look with pink blush and pink lipstick from the 80's but this time round it's different, more subtle, more blended, and the idea is for there to be hints of blue rather than all-over-the-eye bright blue eye shadow. Also we're no longer pairing it with bright pink cheeks and lips.



PUPA Malta sent me the VAMP! COMPACT EYESHADOW PALETTE from the COLLECTION NAVY CHIC (colour code 003). You can see the different colours in the palette in the photo above.

I've been using this palette quite often, in the first photo above there are two different looks , in the leftmost photo it's white and dark blue colours blended with a bit of brown worn with blue mascara, in the rightmost photo it's the white and light blue worn with the blue eye liner from this collection that I reviewed here.

The quality of the eye shadow is great, doesn't crumble, is easy to blend and is long lasting (however I always wear it over an eye shadow base). I love the mix of colours, it makes it really easy to create either an intense dark blue colour or something more subtle and low key blended with brown.

Now onto the blue mascara, as mentioned here, coloured mascara is my thing of late and in this photo below you can see my sky blue mascara. I've also got green, berry, and purple - the problem with coloured mascaras generally is that he colour doesn't show up properly. This particular blue one is by KIKO and the pigment is awesome one of the most pigmented coloured mascara I've ever seen but unfortunately it is a bit clumpy so I don't rate it too highly and am on the lookout for a better brand with just as much pigment.





Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates