Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Icon

Wednesday 21 May 2014

What to Wear Post : To Malta Fashion Week and Other Fashion Shows (May/EVENING/MEN)




As mentioned in my previous posts in anticipation of Malta Fashion Week, I have dedicated some posts to offering some style advice on ideas what to wear to Fashion Shows in Malta, in particular Malta Fashion Week.

Today's post is dedicated to men and EVENING fashion shows - what should a man wear to such an event ? 

In each of the previous posts, I harped on a bit about finding a way to make an outfit a bit unique and I still believe that, whilst I appreciate that some men might simply want to blend into the crowd, I know there are a lot of you just itching to up the style takes. Recently, at various events I've attended I've been really pleased to see Maltese men go all out in their outfits so I'm quite excited to see what I spot at fashion week.

I think there are going to be three different 'categories of men' attending these events:

  • Those that got dragged by their partner
  • Those that are working (photographers/journalists/sponsors etc)
  • Those that love fashion.
To those men in the first category - I appreciate you really don't want to be here, let alone get noticed, so my advice to you is to stick to something simple..don't wear baggy jeans and a t-shirt or you will definitely get noticed, same with black tie or anything overly formal. If you want to wear jeans, no problem, but pair them with a smart blazer and a shirt/interesting t-shirt; it's also fine to wear a suit with no tie if that makes you feel more comfortable and less inconspicuous but no ten-year old 3-button jacket suits please. A nice shirt and a simple, smart, pair of trousers will also do the trick. Just make sure everything fits right, is ironed and is not stained.

Second category men - I expect a bit more from you guys, especially the photographers who after all are there to shoot fashion. I do appreciate that the photographers must be comfortable and able to move freely so not expecting to see anything overly stiff and I doubt any of you will be wearing blazers.  A patterned shit...maybe a loose-material-knit-tie or a coloured belt ..maybe even a casual bow-tie - these are all great ways to jazz up an outfit that don't realyl add discomfort. If you wear jeans, avoid overly baggy styles, go for something that fits well and is hemmed correctly or rolled up for skinnier styles. One last piece of advice for photographers - IF YOU PLAN ON SITTING ON THE FLOOR DON'T WEAR WHITE/CREAM.

Sponsors and journalists - you guys have no comfort excuses so you should look like you at least made a little bit of an effort.  Patterned/coloured footwear is again an interesting choice, bow-ties and pocket squares always look great paired with a shirt and blazer and clashing patterns are always lovely.

The third category - I get the feeling you guys need no advice. I find that most men that love fashion are excellent at making it work for them in a way that is unique to them, they know when to break the rules and when to follow them. If any of you guys really need ideas, here goes - blazers with shorts, patterned blazers with clashing patterned shirts, matching or mismatched pocket squares and bow ties, caps of all sorts, coloured brogues or loafers, bright summer scarves and last but not least coloured belts that do NOT match the shoes - all of these are style elements that I would love to spot one of you wearing at fashion week.

And for more inspiration check out these pics that I scoured foreign fashion weeks for

caroline paris
Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorde

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

© carolinefashionstyling All rights reserved | Designed By Blogger Templates